Saturday, December 25, 2010

Playstation Move

So, the other day I decided to splurge and buy myself the playstation move. I had a bad a experience, as I had bought everything but the controllers from best buy. I ended up returning the playstation camera, and buying the bundle from gamestop. The bundle I purchased contained a game called Sports Champions. It also had one controller and the camera. Got it home and enjoyed it a lot. The game includes a bunch of different sports games you can play volleyball, bocce, disc golf, table tennis to name a few, as well as gladiator, a sword and shield battle game. Flailing my arm around to swing a sword that isn't even in my hand has never been so much fun.
The move system as well as the game is extremely fun. Your movements are really accurate. Spiking a volleyball by making the movement with your arm has a satisfactory feeling when you score on the spike. That's just one of the cool movements in the game. You can jump to indicate a jumping sword strike, make a bump gesture to cause your character to bump the volleyball in the air to setup your partner, throw a Frisbee up and on a slant to curve it. The system and game can also be a work out at times. I literally broke a sweat at 12:00AM while playing gladiator and volleyball last night. It also strains your arm a little bit. I'm actually a little surprised by the move system.
The bottom line is I find the new move system a lot of fun. It's very simple to use. The accuracy is really good and seems it will be able to compete with kinect and wii with no problem. I have a feeling I may use the wand controller more then the original playstation controller because I want to move around when I play now.

No comments:

Post a Comment