Thursday, January 20, 2011

Courtroom Peter Venkman

Bill Murray in Plastic. 
I'm doing my first real mobile post. Kinda excited. Kinda not excited on the product this time so I'm blogging from the throne room. Kidding. Possibly.

Okay. So first thing is first. The visual packaging. I'm not one for packaging most of the time but it was cool to see how Mattel put use of the Ghostbusters II one the white protective box for shipping. Man is it cool to see that they care enough to make a change like that. I'm being serious too. It tells me that they took the time to do that. But the actual blister pack set up? Still from the first movie's rooftop scene. Terror dogs and Staypuft. I would have liked some Vigo art gallery or jello going on. Oh well. I got the toy for the toy and not the packaging.
Bill Murray in Ghostbusters II.
So let's go on to the toy. Another Peter. This time it's Scrooge edition. He's in his courtroom clothing with a irremovable Proton pack. Uhh that kinda sucks. I really didn't want another Peter- slimed or not. So that's why I got it for the pack in.
Bill Murray in Scrooged.

And that turns out to be a sad item. The Scoleri brother ghost has awesome paint apps and detailing. Except the promise is in the details... The ghost cannot stand on it's own. He did not even come with a base to make mock flight. But wait! His ankles have a ball-in-socket set up but he cannot be set up right to stand. Sigh. Yeah this figure is not getting my highest praise.
----------
Sent from the Verizon network using Mobile Email


***EDIT: After getting ready to toss out the rest of the blister packaging, I happened to find a second set of feet that allow for this to be changed. I'm still feeling numb to this addition though.

1 comment: