Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tunes For Tuesday

I used to write for a music blog called Stuck on Loop with my best friend, Sean, but the blog kind of died. It was a blog where we'd write about a song of the day. The songs were mostly a song that one of us would have stuck in our head for the day and we'd review and talk about the song. Well, like I said, we killed that blog because of real life eating us up. Kind of like how I have been quiet on here lately. I've been battling a stomach issue and some other things but now that I'm back in the saddle, I can start this up again and I'd like to start a Tunes For Tuesday where I'd pick a song or a series of songs to write about. For this first edition, I want to keep it related to Ghostbusters and the site. I'm going with The Gaslight Anthem.


Whaa--? How does that relate to either Ghostbusters or the site itself? Well, it's simple. The band is from New Jersey, where the site head quarters are. The song is "That '59 Sound," which has a retro feel to it and 1959 is the year for the Ecto-1's make.

With a Bruce kind of feel to this song, it's a well written modern day classic rock kind of song; but with a dark twist. It's about someone dying on a Saturday night on his or her way to a concert. 




No comments:

Post a Comment