Friday, June 3, 2011

X-Men: The First Class

Last night, at 11:15ish, I picked up one John, one of the writers for this site for his birthday. We went to catch the midnight viewing of the new X-Men movie. Now, this was kind of cool - catching a new Marvel movie at midnight. I did that with Thor. I loved Thor. I did that with the Iron Man movies too. I loved them. I did that with the Spider-Man movies... I was confused if I liked  them. I did that with the other X-Men movies (except for Wolverine). I liked the first one, and from there it was rolling away from me.
 
Now, I understand the plot of this movie was mainly to show the rift between Charlies and Erik; regarding their opinions of how non-mutants should be treated by the homo-superior. Professor X believed that humans and mutants can get along while Magneto believed that mankind would enslave and exterminate the mutants for being different. Professor X lived a great life; wealth and a nice mansion while Magneto suffered at the hands of the Nazis. His mother was killed right in front of him.
 
Ok, I get it, directors need to rewrite and rework the regular X-Men universe to work for a movie. Not every movie viewer cares about the source material. The fact that things were changed doesn't take away from the fact that the movie was a good action film. The fact is that they had a Justin Bieber version of Banshee (played by Caleb Landry Jones) kind of was amusing. But the movie felt rushed. It barely touched the creation of the X-Men and the Brotherhood (of Evil Mutants).

No comments:

Post a Comment