Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Old Republic-Great game, hard on my wallet

Yesterday I purchased Star Wars: The Old Republic for my PC, a Star Wars game that takes place thousands of years before the movies. It plays great, very addicting. I see why people are jumping over from World of Warcraft to it, especially since it's a subscription based game and the expansion possibilities are endless. Great for Star Wars nerds such as myself.
However, to run this game I sunk over $200 into my computer. I'm not complaining since my pc has higher end parts in it now. But don't expect to play this on a lower end machine either, at best you'll end up paying maybe $70 on a decent video card to run it. Don't expect to run it in high video specs either though if you pay that little for a card.
My final judgement? Great game, that fact that the game costs $60 then an additional $15 a month is a little pricey but it is an MMO after all with the Star Wars brand. Updates will also follow, as well as support for an already incredible looking game.

No comments:

Post a Comment