Saturday, January 29, 2011

I got the new WIndcharger

I'm pretty excited about Transformers Month here at GB.net

Aparentley the new Windcharger figure has made its way to the shores of Blighty before an American release.

I have the said toy on my desk after a recent acquisition. He is a pretty darn decent bit of kit and fans of the G1 character will apreciate this new modernised redesign.

Windcharger now looks a lot more like the way he is depicted in the Sunbow cartoon and both robot and car modes make up the right balance for a good Transformers figure.

I was put off for a while from Scout-class Transformers before when the first wave of Revenge of the Fallen toys presented brittle and poor quality offerings in that assortment. Aside from Rollbar the milk lorry, the rest of the first wave were best left avoided.

As things got into 2010, Scout Class Transformers picked up again.

As great as Windcharger is, the only slight flaw is the awkward transforming of the legs when folding up into 'trans am' mode. I've read other grips online about this so I know it isn't just me. The transformation from the waist down requires some delicate precision to get right and it can be fiddly to get into place.

Aside from that the new Windcharger toy is a tremendously good update of the magnetic Autobot hero and there is no doubt a Tailgate remould or repaint will be on the way.

Bring on Rumble and Frenzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment