Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Spiderman Reboot

Ok, so I was just on facebook and just saw an article of pictures from the new Spiderman reboot, which is set to focus around Peter Parker in high school. Emma Stone (Easy A, Lucky Louie) is playing Gwen Stacy. Wait, WHAT!? She has red hair, Mary Jane has red hair. Why did they not just cast her as MJ and not have her dye her hair. I'm sorry, but this movie is starting to scream FAIL!
First of all, I liked all of the previous Spiderman movies directed by Sam Raimi who also did the evil dead movies. The first movie was great, possibly the first time anything like that was seen on the big screen. The acting talent was there, as it blasted some of the actors into other roles. William Dafoe played an amazing Green Goblin/Norman Osbourne. The movie led into other things in the next movies, such as Harry Osbourne and Peter fighting over the death of Norman.
The second movie was good, but I felt it was short and not as good as the first. It was an ok sequel and did the job it needed to do. But thats all I feel I can say about the second movie.
The third movie got a lot of criticism, but I liked it. I liked it a lot. Comic nerds said it sucked, well I say they were terribly wrong. It had some really great effects.Sandman was brought to life. Venom was brought in which was great, even though some complained about that too. I guess hobgoblin teaming with Peter pissed some people off but whatever.
Now, because people were so turned-off by the third movie, and Raimi leaving the series behind, they are doing a high school reboot. Seriously!? Why didn't they stick with the last series of movies? I just don't think a high school reboot is what I'd prefer and a lot of other people wouldn't ether. Also, when I say a lot of people, I think I speak for A LOT of people, like a good mass of Marvel's fan base. Will I see the movie? Yes I probably will and maybe I'm over-reacting a bit. I just feel this movie is setting itself up to do bad.

1 comment:

  1. I think they should have left it a bit longer before doing another Spiderman film.

    Its happening now. I just hope it will be good. I like the cast line-up so far.

    ReplyDelete