Saturday, January 15, 2011

Growing Up Gaming-A Look at My Life of Gaming

So, ever since I was a kid I was into video games. It all started with a Sega Genesis that was given to me by a good friend of my family at the time. I remember being in the kitchen in my family's small house we rented at the time as I saw a cardboard box with a black Sega Genesis sytem and many games. Not sure which ones were there and which ones were purchased later on. I remember playing Sonic, The Power Rangers Movie Game (which was awesome, I must say), Robocop vs. Terminator, Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure (one of my favorites about a guy in a cape, who threw boogers at opponents and I'm serious), and Beavis and Butthead which was probably my favorite. There are still many more which names elude me. Too many games to remember. That was the start of me getting into gaming.
From there the nexy system was a PlayStation One. At the time it revolutionzed console gaming. Great games like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro poored out to Sony's new gaming system. As a kid I was extremly pleased with the console. It was a step up from the sega, graphics improvements were clearly noticeable! I also remember a game called Monster Rancher, which at the time was a decent cartoon. You would put other music or playstation discs in to create monsters. This was similar to the tv show, as in the show they found stone discs and they got the monsters from those. You could also freeze monsters for use later, and combine them as well. Digimon was another cool game, but I never finished it. I feel they died off too quick. I could never evolve my digimon to its max stage as their lifespans didn't give me enough time to evolve them fully. Gaming only got better from their.
In the next generation of consoles was the Sony successor PlayStation 2, Microsoft's own gaming system the Xbox, and Nintendo's gamecube. I had them all. I wanna say this was my peak of being into gaming. I had great playstation games at my fingertips. I could also play PS1 games on my new playstation. The xbox graphics were amazing. I had Halo 2 for my xbox, it's just a shame I never had xbox live for it. I also really like Star Wars:Knights of The Old Republic which came with my xbox. I played it so much I scratched the disc up so bad it would not play. Gamecube was cool for some nintendo games, but the first game I had for that was Need For Speed:Underground. I still feel some kind of link to that game, I played that quite often. Any game I wanted, I could get. Did not matter what console. I liked that feeling.
Now I have a playstation 3, and all the previous generation consoles are unplugged and collecting dust. It overheats a lot but never kicked the bucket on me. The systems graphics are great, a step above the previous generation of consoles, especially now with HD now available. A lot of good games on there. Right now im into Call of Duty:Black Ops. Recently I had played with some co-workers and had some fun. They still have great exclusives like they did years previous. The great part is their online gaming service is free, and also has a pay in option for some bonus stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment