Monday, January 17, 2011

Movies and Music for Monday?


Ok, I’m going to write about a movie I haven’t yet seen and that is because I’m going to explain why I am writing about it first…

The Green Hornet, in my opinion, has always been one of those characters who has potential to be an interest but will sadly fall short. No, it’s not because of his lack of superhuman powers. The dude has weapons and vehicles like Batman’s armory. He’s like Dick Tracey with Stark Enterprises’ vehicles!  It’s honestly just the way he’s portrayed that makes him lackluster to me. He’s a goofy and smart crime fighter. That can work; the Green Lantern for example is a fine example.

It’s just the whole advertising for the movie that makes this concept look like a bad run. Take Jonah Hex. The movie was barely advertised and had every Bayformers’ fanboy crush, Megan Fox as the love interest and that was with her being a prostitute at the bar so she had skimpiness. The advertising alone should have had those clips and every Bayformer fan there in a heartbeat. She wasn’t the reason behind me seeing the flick either; it was Jonah Hex; A former Confederate who becomes a bounty-hunter in a post Civil War era America. That’s pretty great for a concept.

The Green Hornet cruising out with Coolio? Not getting my $10 for a ticket. I'll rent it when it comes out.

As for movies coming out on DVD, we have a couple of the picks. Takers is just like your stereotypical bank robbery movie. A group of expert criminals decide to go for that one last heist and of course this is when a detective is able to get a lock in on them to put them down. Then there is Stone; which is about a firebug being up for parole and the parole officer’s stressful life being even more affected by this case. Death Race II also happens to be up for sale tomorrow. The plot revolves around a cop-killer still, as it is a sequel after all, attempting to get his freedom by competing in a Mad Max-esque car racing competition. So far, Red Box won’t be seeing any of my money for renting these titles.

Music wise? Social Distortion: Hard Times and Nursery Rhymes has my attention. Possibly The Decemberists: The King is Dead as well.  

Good news though is that I found these awesome things at a Barnes and Noble:


No comments:

Post a Comment