Friday, January 14, 2011

It All Starts... NOW!


So I’ve been quiet recently and that’s been possibly a bad thing because that means that there hasn’t been a real surge in news to talk about, right? Yes, that seems to be the situation.

For starters, I found out that I move to Hoth. Please notice these pictures are where I live. Tonight, I am proud to say that I was successful in taking Wicket out with me for a nice run seeing what he thinks about this. He just seems to be too stuffed.



There has not been much to really post about with the Ghostbusters. Sure Mattel is giving us another Venkman figure that most collectors will end up getting just because we want the accessory of the Scoleri ghost pack in. With a Louis Tully figure due later in this year, I can say that we haven’t moved into the end exact end of the first Ghostbusters movie merchandise and will only be seeing Ghosbusters II products; but the hopes for a Janine, Gozer, Zuul, and Vinz Clothro to be made are starting to look a bit dimmer. 

Allegedly, Ghostbusters III is now looking to be CGI; according to findings at this site: http://www.thirdage.com/news/ghostbusters-3-update-ghostbusters-3-film-may-be-3d-production_1-13-2011. Now, my personal opinion to a CGI Ghostbusters movie is that it’s not going to be the same as the first two. My thoughts on a live action movie are that it’s definitely not going to be the same. The actors have aged a bit and replacement casting would not be too promising. I’m not exactly a fan of replacement characters either; Extreme Ghostbusters already fulfilled that task.

But Atari has made the idea of a CGI Ghostbusters movie seem like the best option as their 2009 video game has demonstrated that the effects that they can pull off of a video game with the voices of the real crew could hold a promising edition to the Ghostbusters movie franchise. Voice actors used from The Real Ghostbusters and Extreme Ghostbusters since Lorenzo Music, voice of Peter Venkman for The Real Ghostbusters has passed on.

But then again, there is this ugly rumor about no one backing the movie will not happen unless Bill Murray agrees to star; as supported by Moviefone; http://blog.moviefone.com/2011/01/12/ghostbusters-iii-bill-murray-required/&sa=U&ei=I3UwTdnjD4udgQerh6TVCw&ved=0CBsQFjAB&usg=AFQjCNGjFzeThTVCZeDsDV1DhdxbNxxu8Q. Honestly, I think it’s all a publicity stunt. Murray’s mentioned on again and off again feelings about being part of a third movie; was quoted that he enjoyed doing the voice for the video game, and the rest of the crew has basically green lighted the idea for a third movie. So where does that take us? It takes us to the point where I’m willing to bet that Ghostbusters III will happen with Murray publicly finally agreeing to do it but acting reluctant. He’s an actor; this is in his nature. Plus the payola involved that he’d get would be worth his time. Even if he all does is just offer his voice for the production; like Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Mattel would clearly benefit  with all the new action figures and merchandise and well, we all know about the upcoming Atari Ghostbusters game… yes, Sanctum of Slime. However, with the CGI models made for the movie, I’d think Ghostbusters the TV Show would be a great SyFy or Cartoon Network series. Heck, Nickelodeon has been showing some promise with their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles CGI cartoon show talk and Wolverine and the X-Men was a good run so why can’t we get a Ghostbusters show again? To be honest, I’d rather see the PS2/ xbox style animation because it has that Real Ghostbusters feel to it.

IDW’s soon to kick off their INFESTATION run with Ghostbusters, GIJoe, Transformers, Star Trek, and probably some of their own titles if I understand things correctly. I’m not too sure if this crossover of zombies will spread the Ghostbusters into Transformers and such because the legality of that will be a mess.

So with that being the current Ghostbusters news, let’s move on to the other news.

At the bitter end of Christmas shopping, I happened to be out with my friend Dana at a Walmart and scored not just Supernatural Season 1 on DVD but Season 2 for around $10 each. I figured $20 on forty some hours of a TV show that I’ve only caught a couple fragments of episodes of was a worthwhile investment. And so is the fact that it’s something else to review about.

So Sam and Dean Winchester are the sons of a family of (ghost/demon/freaks of nature) hunters and end up going around mostly North America to investigate and exterminate them. That or stopping the Apocalypse. Or possibly fighting angels. Dark and dramatic drama demons and devils (HOLY ALLITERATION BATMAN!) or slapstick cases including talking teddy bears. For those wanting to catch this series, I strongly recommend watching the episodes. To do so, check out what a guy named Marty put together; http://www.iwatchsupernatural.com.  Or catch it on SyFy. For the new episodes, catch up on CW. But you might want to get a little bit of the back story because it’s one of those shows where if you miss a bit, you miss a lot. Also, be on the lookout for Ghostbusters, Thundercats, and a ton of other science fiction references.

Now that I’ve ingested six seasons of Supernatural in about a month, I’m about to investigate Warehouse 13 and The Walking Dead, which both have lesser episodes.

While on the TV talk, Psych is returning with new episodes to USA in the summer. December’s season finale was really great with a conclusion to the Yin and Yang story arc. Or was it? Their Christmas episode was probably one of their best episodes ever.

Mattel has mainly been keeping my interests with their Ghostbusters toyline. Their DC figures are impressively sculpted and so are the Masters of the Universe, but I just can’t really get into them as much as I’d want to. Perhaps their price points are crosshairs to my interests.

Hasbro’s Transformers are becoming more and more topnotch with each of their G1 tribute figures. I’ll be touching this in more detail soon. As well as the Iron Man II: The Clearance Finds.

I’m also now toying with my side business that I’m finally really going to start launching as a part time gig that will hopefully pay off. ScrapMetal Industries is about to finally be taken seriously by me as a career option and next week, the first product we offer will finally be available for ordering. It will be unveiled in a couple days…

I also love my new staff. Not that I ever had a real staff prior but John is a coworker of mine and he’s doing a great job starting into this. Then there is awesome Ryan Dawson. These two are just pretty damned sweet to have on staff. I talk with John almost daily about the site and ideas that I’m in the process of getting things set for this year and all the kick ass event planning. Ryan, on the other hand, I’ve never met but I know him through Transfomers: 2005 and his impressive knowledge of science fiction is trumped by his musical talent.

Lastly, since writing about Ghostbusters has become really limited and opening the site up to almost a freedom of the minds, I haven’t been able to really find what my niche is anymore. So I’m going with structure. And the structure, for now, is suggested to run like this:

Sunday – TV Series
Monday – Movies and/or Music
Tuesdays – Toys
Wednesday – Comic Books
Thursday – Tech Talk
Friday- Video Games, Fight Night
Saturday – Cartoons

Now, I’m not too sure if staff will follow and join in on these topics and I’m not asking them too. I’m flattered to have the diverse and talented on my team and there is no reason to change them.

This week’s sneak preview of the agenda is going to be possibly something like this:
Sunday – Supernatural
Monday – The Green Hornet
Tuesdays – Transformers
Wednesday – Staff’s Comic Book Picks
Thursday – MASK and Exo-Squad? Almost Realistic!
Friday- Iron Man II
Saturday – The Real Ghostbusters

I’m also on the verge of merging Ghostbusting.net with the some Web 2.0.

Thanks for the reads, gang. 2011 will be the year of Ghostbusting.net! 

No comments:

Post a Comment